FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups Pieces 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 

Forum index » Introduction » Introduce yourself!

The time now is Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:58 am
All times are UTC + 1
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
Martin ONeill (left) and Neil Lennon were both successful Ce
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wangshi0816
Love Flies

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:31 am 
Post subject:  Martin ONeill (left) and Neil Lennon were both successful Ce

Newcastles high number of foreign players may weaken their chances in Sundays relegation derby against Sunderland, according to former Magpies goalkeeper Shay Given. Will Sutton Jersey . The two sides head into the 153rd Tyne-Wear derby at St James Park, live on Sky Sports 1 HD, knowing a victory could significantly improve their chances of avoiding relegation.Sunderland sit just above the relegation zone on 25 points, ahead of Norwich on goal difference, with Newcastle one point behind in 19th position. Given, who made 354 appearances for Newcastle between 1996 and 2009, knows all about the passion and rivalry that the fixture guarantees, but is worried the clubs foreign players may not be able to deliver the result that new manager Rafa Benitez desperately needs.Speaking on Sky Sports Now, Given said: My only concern is that there are a lot of foreign players at Newcastle now. Emmanuel Riviere battles against Bournemouths Steve Cook during the Magpies 3-1 defeat Sometimes you question whether they know what it means to play in such a big game as this - what it means to the fans, what it means for them going back to work on the Monday morning?Youd like to think Benitez can get that message across. Newcastle forward Aleksandar Mitrovic is one player who has not yet had the hoped-for impact He added: Its a tense occasion. Its huge for the fans, wanting to win this game more than any other game but if you asked any Sunderland fan or Newcastle fan this week would you take a loss at the weekend and stay up, they would probably do that.Its definitely a six-pointer, theyre both in the relegation fight and its going to be so close who stays up.It looks like Aston Villa have gone, and that its between Norwich, Newcastle and Sunderland [for the other relegation places] so it looks as if one of the two big ones from the north-east are going to go down. This game at the weekend is monumental. Rafael Benitez took charge of his first Newcastle game against Leicester Its not just a normal game, its not just another Premier League game, its a very special occasion. You can cut the tension with a knife beforehand.Sunderland have won the last six Tyne-Wear derbies, while Newcastle are enduring a run of failing to score in the past four matches against their local rivals.Eight points adrift of Newcastle is another one of Givens former clubs, Aston Villa, who have managed to record just three league victories all season and the 39-year-old has deep concerns for Remi Gardes side ahead of their trip to Swansea on Saturday, live on Sky Sports 1 HD. Its bleak reading when you see the Premier League table relegation fight at the bottom and theyre so far adrift, Given said.Randy Lerner invested I think 50m in the summer, thats a huge investment. The biggest problem is the players they brought in dont seem to be up to the standard of the Premier League. Theyre sometimes good players in the French leagues or the Dutch leagues but its a big step up to the Premier League and personally I felt they should have signed more Premier League experienced players in the summer - who know the league and know what it takes to stay in the division. Also See: Clark: Biggest derby ever Benitez focused on positives Rafa v Premier League Relegation run-in predictions Cris Carter Jersey .Currently no, Tatjana Haenni, FIFAs deputy director of the competitions division and head of womens competitions, said Tuesday in an interview from Ottawa. Kai Forbath Jersey . His fellow Finn, 21 years his junior, had just arrived in Anaheim and was hoping to stick with the Ducks. http://www.thevikingsshoponline.com/Youth-Brian-Robison-Vikings-Jersey/ .com) - Guard Greivis Vasquez and forward Patrick Patterson, two key pieces to the Toronto Raptors run to an Atlantic Division title in 2013-14, were both given qualifying offers by the team on Saturday.Former Celtic captain Paul Lambert thinks Brendan Rodgers would be a great choice to be the next manager of his old club. Celtic are holding interviews as they seek to find a replacement for Ronny Deila, who departed Glasgow on Monday having won two Scottish Premiership titles in as many years as manager.Sky Sports understands both Rodgers and former Watford and Cardiff boss Malky Mackay have already held talks with Celtic, while several others continue to be linked with the vacancy. Rodgers has been out of work since last October when he was replaced by Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool. Former Liverpool boss Rodgers has been linked with the Celtic job But Lambert reckons Rodgers would have a similar impact to Neil Lennon and Martin ONeill, who delivered three titles each during their spells in charge of the Hoops.I think so. It will be totally different from Liverpool if Brendan got it. I dont think, because Liverpool is a massive club, you cant go to Celtic and think, well its an inferior club. Its not, Lambert told Sky Sports News HQ. Lambert won the league title four times as a Celtic player Celtics a huge football club. Even in my own time when Martin ONeill came in, I said at the time we needed a manager like him because of the demands of the club.It needed a strong personality to take the job on, and Martin was absolutely fantastic to play under.And I think if you asked any of us at that time, it was a fantastic five years under him, but we needed a manager to pull the club up. He handled the whole size of it, handled the fanbase, and got really good players in to help. Celtic want Rodgers as their next manager, according to Sky sources Could Brendan go in and do it? I think he could, but there will be a lot of hurdles hell need to get over to meet the demands of it. Riley Reiff Jersey. He knows the club. I think Celtic is still a massive club to take on.When asked what will be required from Rodgers should he be appointed, the 46-year-old insisted expectation will be high.I think what hell need to do is grasp you are either first or last, there is no in-between, there is no second place, theres no nothing, you have to win the title, Lambert said.It doesnt matter who comes, the supporters will still expect you to win because the weight of the jersey carries a lot for the players on it, and you have to get that in your head that you are going to have to win more games than not. Martin ONeill (left) and Neil Lennon were both successful Celtic managers Lambert, who won the league four times, the Scottish Cup on three occasions, and twice picked up the League Cup in eight glittering years with the Hoops, recently left his position as manager of Blackburn.The ex-Norwich and Aston Villa manager decided to activate a clause in his contract that allowed him to leave Ewood Park six months into a two-and-a-half year deal.While Lambert concedes he will be looking for a new position, he says there has been no approach from Celtic to offer an interview.First and foremost, you have got to be asked to go and do a job. Celtic, as Ive said before is a brilliant club, a club really close to me. I had a great eight years there. Its a really fantastic place, Lambert said.But you have to be asked. Youve got to be good enough to go and do it and that will be Celtics prerogative to pick the right guy. Hopefully, whoever goes in there, gives the club success, because its a brilliant club.Im unemployed at the minute, so I actually need to look for something. Thats probably my best answer. Also See: Celtic video Celtic fixtures Celtic stats Get £10 free bet! Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
 Forum index » Introduction » Introduce yourself!

Jump to: