FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups Pieces 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 

Forum index » *Pieces* » Help!

The time now is Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:00 am
All times are UTC + 1
Page 1 of 4 [80 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
What has Pieces come to??
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Offended L'Arc Fan
A Silent Letter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:08 am 
Post subject:  What has Pieces come to??
Subject description: About Peices

First, let me start off saying that pieces really and honestly pisses me off. I am sorry, but I have been a member of pieces for years now and I have seen how all the mods have changed.
The whole purpose of a forum for Líarc~en~Ciel is to share information about the band with other members. Some of you are luckier than the rest of us and have better resources to go to for information and we all depend on you to bring it back for us. And thank you for that, I really appreciate everyone who has ever brought information to pieces. But some of you are way out of line.
You yell at people for the dumbest things, making them feel stupid even for asking maybe just a simple question. Some of you may have been fans for years, but not everyone has. They only ask the questions because they honestly donít know. And yes, sometimes its about a rumor, but most of the websites out there are full of rumors and they cannot help that it is all they know. They come to Pieces to find out if the rumor that they have heard is true or not. But you get mad at the poor fans ad just yell at them. You scare everyone off and make it so that nobody WANTS to post. That is specifically WHY I have never bothered posting in Pieces. Pieces is the place I go to get information and I depend on it. But if I can never really add to any sort of discussion without being yelled at because in the mods eyes Iíve done something wrong I am NOT going to post.
I am most definitely not a new Líarc fan. I have loved them for years, own every album and have bought every DVD or CD since I started liking them. I even went all the way to Baltimore just to see them in concert. This leads me to another topicÖ

L-Files

Who do you think you are to tell other people that they are not allowed to get a hold of new Líarc merchandise. Who are you to judge that? You say itís only for people who have a part in participating in the forum, in other words; your little group of friends. It is very hard for just anyone to become a part of that set little group. And you donít care that the purpose of a forum is to SHARE information. Somewhere along the lines you lost that, and made L-Files. Pretty much telling the rest of us that we werenít and arenít good enough fans to have these files. You have absolutely no right. I mean, your DOWNLOADING their DVDs and CDs instead of buying it and then telling others that they are not worthy of the material. If youíre going to DOWNLOAD something and share itÖthen share itÖdonít say that only specific people are worthy of it. I mean, if anyoneís more worthy of a fan then another, it should be the people that actually BUY it. You donít support LíArc at ALL by downloading and then not sharing. In fact itís the worst thing you can do. I donít think downloading is awful, because if I hadnít downloaded LíArc music in the first place I would have never learned about them (although I now have gone and bought all their albums). Downloading can be beneficial in that way, because now I do buy the goods and support them. If I were LíArc I would be horrified to learn that my fans would do this to my work.

Not all the mods piss me off but Iím not going to name anyoneÖIn my opinion, pieces has gone to hell. It is no longer friendly and fun. But a place I go to just to get the newest stuff. Other than that, I hate it. There are plenty others who feel the same way but I am so sick of just dealing with it. You have all become major bitches to new fans and even old, devoted fans like myself. And I just canít stand it.

Not like I expect this to change anythingÖI just want you all to know how I feel...because I am absolutely fed up with you and how you have destroyed what used to be a wonderful forum.

Last edited by Offended L'Arc Fan on Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Bradeli
Dearest Love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:09 am 
Post subject:

I agree with the first statement completely and almost completely with the second.
Offended L'Arc Fan
A Silent Letter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:12 am 
Post subject:

What is it that you dont agree about? I posted this looking for others opinions.
I know ive gradually become more and more offended by whats been happening in pieces.
Rocker_01
Cureless

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:31 am 
Post subject:

Hmm...one thing that gets me. You say you've been a member for "years" but it seems you have only joined today. Mind clarifying that?
Since I've been here, I haven't seen the mods "scare" anyone. To be honest, I find this whole bitching kinda pointless. If you're so offended, just don't come anymore.

Offended L'Arc Fan
A Silent Letter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:43 am 
Post subject:

I preferred to remain annonymous.
I am speaking from my personal experience. There have been multiple cases that I have seen over the past year or so where the some mods, not all, have been unessecarily angry. And I know more than just one person who feels they can not post becasue they will be yelled at for some reason or another. The only thing some of us can post is a simple thanks for uploading files. Which is fine, they deserve to be thanked. But we should not have to feel this way.
You are a mod and have obviously posted many times. But there are some people who dont have much to add and when they do they feel as if it is still unessecary. Or maybe its been said before. I know I have refrained from posting many times for these reasons. On no other forums have I had this much of a problem. I just find some mods to be downright mean.
I want to come back, Pieces is my resource for new L'arc information and I will not just leave and find somewhere else. Its has just been bothering me for quite a while and I WANT the Mods to know how I feel about the things they are doing. Because I feel that they are not right.
zuichi
Dearest Love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:04 am 
Post subject:

Hmm...I remember a post in jdorama that kinda fit to this topic.
"If u enter someone house, u have to respect and behave."
simply to put: every house has its own rules.if u want to enter and receive welcome and maybe cookies, at lease u could respect the host and behave while u are in the house.if one of the host is mean, u cant just throw cookies at them, spit and then comeback to ask for more, dont u think?

I am not saying u r wrong, but did u ever run a forum? did u ever have to manage tons of post so it wouldnt get messy? I personally never make a forum. And even a forum is suppose to be a place to share, it is still my forum (if i made one). I get to decide what is best for the forum. Not that I wouldn't think about others, but the best way to keep it order.
And yes, I do think there is a mean mod that simply cant handle error in gentle ways. Maybe u could just tell them please be nice, and remember also maybe they are yelling becoz they are kinda tired that guest keep repeating the same kinda false again and again.Maybe It will feel that the guest didnt respect them by not reading the rules.

Offended L'Arc Fan
A Silent Letter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:15 am 
Post subject:

I did help run a forum once, and yes. Its hard and it was a L'arc forum. But I was never unessecarily mean to people. Some people just dont know any better and are brand new.
It is their forum, and they do run it how they want. My major problems are with L-Files and just they way they treat some of their members. It is not rude to tell someone how you feel. I know the pressure that comes along with running a forum but beaing mean only drives people away.
I am just stating things the way I see it, and all im asking is for a little more kindness instead of being flat out mean.
referring to what you said...They open their home to guests and they should respect their guests.
Ophellia
It's the End

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:16 am 
Post subject:

I have been a member for not soo long. From my experience, I haven't seen the mods yelling or scaring the newbies. It's quite contrarary actually. If newbies wanna confirm the rumors, they should just check the news section and be done with it or if they wanna talk about it, they can just talk about it in fansection or Random section. I just think that the mods are very strict <--- which is good because it's the way to keep things organized and keep off-topic posts away. Otherwise, you would have all the people say "wow!! AWESOME!! I'CAn't wait for the new albums" and another 20comments akin to the same thing + fangirlly comments mixed up with the NECESSARY INFORMATION that one is looking for in NEWS sections <-- which happens in a lot of other forums.

I dont know about what's in L-files either. I couldn't care less because if we request something, somebody is gonna upload for you anyway. The download policy here is pretty fair actually like, delaying upload of new releases for 2 weeks. It's fair for those who actually pays for the product you know.

I mean if you dont like it here, dont come. It's pretty much pointless as Rocker01 says. There are other fandoms like Livejournals groups, that's more accessable and easy to use for newbies too, if they wanna to confirm things like "IS HYDE GAY" or "IS HYDE GETTING DIVORCE" and other non-music related things. But if they wanna know about L'ARC music , PIECES has everything that can provide them.
zuichi
Dearest Love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:27 am 
Post subject:

Offended L'Arc Fan wrote:

referring to what you said...They open their home to guests and they should respect their guests.

Yes, but I dont think a host have to polite and respect a guest that doesnt respect them back.
Imagine this, You throw a party and everyone welcome. It becoming a great and fun party in no time. but as the party getting merrier, more people coming. There is a guest that drop cookies crumble to the carpet, and there is a guest that spill red wine to the couch, and there is a guest that accidentally crash ur antique ceramics, and more. Are u gonne sit and watch? What party would it become?

Offended L'Arc Fan
A Silent Letter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:58 am 
Post subject:

zuichi wrote:

Yes, but I dont think a host have to polite and respect a guest that doesnt respect them back.
Imagine this, You throw a party and everyone welcome. It becoming a great and fun party in no time. but as the party getting merrier, more people coming. There is a guest that drop cookies crumble to the carpet, and there is a guest that spill red wine to the couch, and there is a guest that accidentally crash ur antique ceramics, and more. Are u gonne sit and watch? What party would it become?

A house isnt the best analogy for a forum. A forum is more of a community than a home that belongs to one person. A forum would not work if it were not for its members. The members deserve to be treated with respect. Im not trying to create an argument here...I know the mods work very hard to keep up with the forum. As a member of pieces i am part of that commuinity as any member is. I know the mods here work very hard to keep up with peices but I would like to be able to be more active in the forum without having to feel as if everything I post will be belittled.
zuichi
Dearest Love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:34 am 
Post subject:

A house isnt the best analogy for a forum. A forum is more of a community than a home that belongs to one person. A forum would not work if it were not for its members. The members deserve to be treated with respect. Im not trying to create an argument here...I know the mods work very hard to keep up with the forum. As a member of pieces i am part of that commuinity as any member is. I know the mods here work very hard to keep up with peices but I would like to be able to be more active in the forum without having to feel as if everything I post will be belittled.

What analogy is best? A Mall? A restaurant? A dormitory? just name it. Why a mall has a security?to deal with guest with 'attitude'. Why some great restaurant has formal cloth code? Coz its their high standard.if u cant afford it, dont enter. Why dormitory has night curves? to prevent disturbance that may happen.
A Mall cannot function without it consumers, the consumers deserve to be treated with respect.but if u let the consumers to spit all over the place, what would the mall become? Dont forget, to be part of a community, I think the person have to be accepted by the community.
And if the forum gives some feeling of 'afraid get yelled of', maybe is not so bad coz it makes u think twice to post. just think twice...and if u already feel its not breaking any rules or offended anyone with no reason, post it! Just think! Its always good to think first,then act Idea

razagul
What is Love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:39 am 
Post subject:

Ophellia wrote:

I dont know about what's in L-files either. I couldn't care less because if we request something, somebody is gonna upload for you anyway. The download policy here is pretty fair actually like, delaying upload of new releases for 2 weeks. It's fair for those who actually pays for the product you know.

I'm sorry but I think I agree with Ophelia in this point. Delay on the files is necessary to people who had bought the product. But I have to disagree with you in another point. How do you probe that people in L-Files own the product? You know that's not true, either possible, that all the people in the L-Files own the product, cause not all the people are as good buyers as that. You know, the main problem is discoer who is there only to say "Hey, I'm a L'arc fan, I don't buy nothing and download all the products" or "Hey, I will buy it". I will try to solve most of the problem with an example. The 5 live archives. Most of the people don't buy it cause they have to pay nearly 25000 yens. Well, I know that not all the people on the L-Files have the product, but they have it downloaded. Do you understand the main problem? They don't pay it cause they have to pay 25000 yens, so they download it on the L-Files, or other places. And, just in case, so many people post in the random (or news) section about a new product, and there are so many people there (mods included) who said "Hey, I'm not going to buy it". Maybe it's cause it's so much money or cause you don't have the money. But, obviously, there are people who said this and is on the L-Files, and they are going to download it a day or two afer the product is released. So, the people who is not on the L-Files have the same right. If this people don't buy the product, is on the L-Files and will have it, all the people can have the right. I try to find the utility of the L-Files. Obviously, what Ophelia said is very logical and obviously I must agree. But I think that, if you can't demonstrate that people there have all L'arc products (including indies videos, new videos...), all the people can have the same right as them. AND obviously is a right of the owners (Chenka and Mizuno) to include someone on the L-Files or not, but I still think L-Files will be more a problem than a help to the forum
Bell3292
Cureless

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:03 am 
Post subject:

it's not about buying L'Arc CDs or proving you're a *cough* real fan. L-Files is a cookie, a thank-you for those who contribute to the board.
aaaand please don't tell me that the L-Files is the one and only new release source Laughing
you can go to jpopsuki and get there every new release you want right on the release day or before it XDD

sanguinivore
A Silent Letter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:16 am 
Post subject:

Quote:
You scare everyone off and make it so that nobody WANTS to post.

qft

but i've found that a lot of forums are like this... where posting is limited to a bunch of people who've been with the forum for a long time, and accepted into the inner online friendship circle. usually, they are quite elitist. and it just gets worse and worse until no one posts anymore. not pointing finger at anyone.
Nanani
[Mod] Spork Goddess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:32 pm 
Post subject:

Aw, what's a matter missy anonymous? Scared the mods are going to eat you?
It's a freaking forum post, it's not going to hurt.

I find your so amuzingly meanlingless, to be honest.

If you have an issue with someone in particular, take it up in person. Or are you just a coward, as anonymity suggests?

As for L-Files, if you were really an old time member you'd know the circumstances.
Try being a friendly, active partcipant and see what happens. You may be shocked!

Elitist? Of course we are, always have been. Comes with fandom. L-Files is not some secret treasure heap though, I don't know why some people thing we are hoarding files... *sigh*

There are other places you can go. Livejournal, facebook, whatever. Exit's that way.

Finally, let me just say that we have sure as hell not -become- bitches here.

-Birdmod out

PS Thanks to those who support the forum for keeping us alive! Don't worry, one whiner or even many isn't going to kill the place. ^_^v

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger 
Mr. Bradeli
Dearest Love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:39 pm 
Post subject:

Nanani wrote:

If you have an issue with someone in particular, take it up in person. Or are you just a coward, as anonymity suggests?

As for L-Files, if you were really an old time member you'd know the circumstances.
Try being a friendly, active partcipant and see what happens. You may be shocked!

Elitist? Of course we are, always have been. Comes with fandom. L-Files is not some secret treasure heap though, I don't know why some people thing we are hoarding files... *sigh*

There are other places you can go. Livejournal, facebook, whatever. Exit's that way.

-Birdmod out

PS Thanks to those who support the forum for keeping us alive! Don't worry, one whiner or even many isn't going to kill the place. ^_^v

I think this is exactly why the OP made this topic.
Offended L'Arc Fan
A Silent Letter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:13 pm 
Post subject:

Nanani wrote:

-Birdmod out

Thats it, It isn't someone in particular. Its a few of the mods in general. And honestly, If i were to PM you telling you that I have a problem with you and how you treat people sometimes I wouldn't get anything but insults back. I posted a thread because I wanted not just you mods to see it but everyone else as well.

Being a friendly active participant has kind of been made hard. The only posts that I can make are saying thank you. But honestly, How many times can different people say thank you? It doesn't matter after a while. You will turn around and bite someones head of the moment they make a mistake or even do something that annoys you. Ive seen it multiple times all over the forum and seeing it has made me not want to post. It is the same with many others. All I'm trying to say is being nicer can't hurt.

I don't think that L-Files is a 'Treasure heap', I know the files become released eventually to the forum but it is the concept of L-Files that I dislike. You made a separate section pretty much for you and your friends. What about the fans that do buy the stuff? What about the fans that buy everything else? Why do you get to decide who can and cannot access L-files?
tanyus
Love Flies

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:13 pm 
Post subject:

well, Ive been here for 1 year. Even though I don't post much here, but I never get the problem with anything here.
As long as you ask nicely and follow the rules, you'll be welcome here.
Every place got their own rules, and as the member it's our responsibility to follow the rules.
If you don't want to follow the rules, why you bother to join this forum?
And it's and online world, not a real world, no need to afraid somebody will slaughter you to death.

about the mod, maybe you never be mod so you don't understand how they feel.
I become a mod in another L'Arc forum and sometimes members can get super annoying , like some member keep asking the same question that the other member already asked many many times before.
and a mod is only a normal human, they have limits.
all you need is the will to read previous post and check the info that already been discussed before, not repeating the same question over and over again

about the L-Files, I agree with Bell, you can get those files in many other places.
It's not like pieces is the only one resources, some forums/bbs even faster in getting new files
and it's not like you won't get the files eventually

ps. sorry, my english is not good, english is not my mother language ^^;
lilytook
Dearest Love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:25 pm 
Post subject:

I don't think that L-Files is a 'Treasure heap', I know the files become released eventually to the forum but it is the concept of L-Files that I dislike. You made a separate section pretty much for you and your friends. What about the fans that do buy the stuff? What about the fans that buy everything else? Why do you get to decide who can and cannot access L-files?

Well, if she makes that decision, because she helps run the forum? Anyway, it's not like just because you download a file you're suddenly obligated to share it with the world. It's nice if you do, but it's not wrong in any way to keep it for yourself, share it with a few friends, or only share it with one forum. You've noticed that you can't access the downloads section unless you're a member of Pieces, ne? So people who don't know about Pieces, or aren't members will never be able to download those files unless they can find them elsewhere. Does that mean that people who upload files to Pieces are elitist jerks for not posting the links on every forum and community they can find? Of course not. Currently, it's pretty easy to join Pieces, but that doesn't mean that everyone has a right to join or that the mods wouldn't be perfectly justified in kicking us all out or making the entire download section only available to the people they wanted to make it available to. That's just how it goes. And yes, I got into L'Arc by downloading music, and yes now I buy just about everything they release, including the 5 Lives Archives, because it's important to me to support them. That doesn't mean I have any right to access the L-Files. I would also like to point out that the albums are readily available *anywhere* online, and while many people may have become fans because of downloaded albums, I seriously doubt that, even if the L-Files were made available to everyone, that suddenly hoards of new fans would pour in, chattering about how they found this new band they like because they saw a higher quality version of the "I'm in Pain" pv. Of course there are files that I dream about, but people on Pieces are kind, and have uploaded enormous amounts of material to the regular downloads section -- watching everything in the TV section alone would take an enormous amount of time. In any case, Pieces is more about discussion, news, translations, and random things anyway, ne? The file sharing is just a bonus. Smile

Kare wa sore wo kanashige ni mitsumete wa
Kanojo ni omoi wo hasete -- White Feathers
MaliciousKitty
What is Love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:42 pm 
Post subject:

Here, lemme just throw in my 2yen while I have the chance.

First of all, I do think Pieces is a great community for information. There are many of people who are willing to translate for others, scan pictures, upload files, so on.

But at the same time I always kind of got the feeling that this forum wasn't welcome to everyone. It always feels like it's more for hardcore L'Arc fans who know everything there is to know. And if anyone asks a question that other members find 'stupid' then they make sure the let the poster know - beating them down.

Not everyone, and not all the time, but there have been times where someone said/asked something and another member ripped them apart.

A forum is a COMMUNITY, a community that is made up of MEMBERS. The forum would be nothing without the members, and so every member should be important and be treated equally. It shouldn't matter if you've been a L'Arc fan for 15 years or 2 weeks, everyone should get equal respect.

And if someone asks something you think is stupid, or says something you don't agree with, then you can respond to them without being insulting.

The members of THIS forum are the same members that make up all those LJ communities, yet those communties feel far friendlier. They feel like communities, while this forum just feel like just an information source.

I understand about keeping the forum clean from fanspam, but people can do so without seeming so uninviting. You can kindly correct the poster without making them feel like an idiot.

On L-files ...when I first registered here it kind of threw me off. Felt like a 'special people only' section. You have to be friends with the right people to access it - so if you're somone who doesn't post as much as others, then you're not as important to the community.

Not saying there is anything special posted there, it's all probably the same stuff that we get. Cept they could get it first.

My one annoyance with L-files is that if you have a newly released item you can't post it for everyone to download - it has to go in L-files. And if you're not a member of L-files then you can't post it there.

So you're stuck just sitting and waiting, even though you want to give to the community.

Pieces is a good forum, but it has it's bad sides also.

And before anyone asks, YES I have managed communities. I own 2 LJ communities and mod another, I've owned forums and several other websites. I've always been going in and out of the webmastering field. It's not that hard of a job. Time consuming, yes. Hard, not so much. And anyone who doesn't have the patience to deal with all that comes with webmastering, shouldn't be one.

Ophellia
It's the End

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:09 pm 
Post subject:

MaliciousKitty wrote:
Here, lemme just throw in my 2yen while I have the chance.

On L-files ...when I first registered here it kind of threw me off. Felt like a 'special people only' section. You have to be friends with the right people to access it - so if you're somone who doesn't post as much as others, then you're not as important to the community.

Not saying there is anything special posted there, it's all probably the same stuff that we get. Cept they could get it first.

My one annoyance with L-files is that if you have a newly released item you can't post it for everyone to download - it has to go in L-files. And if you're not a member of L-files then you can't post it there.

So you're stuck just sitting and waiting, even though you want to give to the community.

That's the reason why L-files sections are created, I think to control the leechers who are here just for the sake of the files. It also encourages people to post and be active as much as they can so, they can get access to L-files oneday. Ofcourse if you dont participate in community, why do you expect to get the same benefits as those who perticipate? I doubt that there is anything "special" in L-files since I have never been there myself. The thing is that L-files are not the only download source here. If you request something here, people kindly share it. And recent tv-performances/ and up to date radio ripped are posted within hours after it's aired in japan. Only thing that is delayed here for 2 weeks is official released albums/dvd/singles. Which I think is fair for those who actually buy them. There is always a trade off between pleasure and money you know. Besides it's only two weeks, it's not that long. There are also other sources like Jpopsuki where you can get those releases instantly.
MaliciousKitty
What is Love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:21 pm 
Post subject:

But how do they determine who is a worthy and who is not? You can have 10 posts that are well thought out and really add to the value of the forum or you can have 2000 posts that aren't as great.

Some people only post when they really have something to say, other people post all the time.

But it feels like those who post more and are here longer are favored more than those that don't post as much or may not have been here as long. Not just with L-files but the forum overall. The more friends you have the better off you are.

But anyone on the 'inside' wouldn't notice because it's not something they have to worry about.

I bet if a new member where to come and insult someone, everyone would be jumping their ass. But if it was an older more well known member people would take their side, ignore it, or they MIGHT get a small smack on the wrist and reminder to be nice.

zuichi
Dearest Love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:49 pm 
Post subject:

MaliciousKitty wrote:

I bet if a new member where to come and insult someone, everyone would be jumping their ass. But if it was an older more well known member people would take their side, ignore it, or they MIGHT get a small smack on the wrist and reminder to be nice.

Maybe I am miss analog, but let me put it this way;
When u are just walking around at ur own school and suddenly someone u didnt know poke u at the head, u will yell stuff and maybe insult the person.
but if the one who poke u is a friend, u will just say 'ouch, whats that suppose to mean?'
Dont u think its natural?
Not that I ever see new member beaten up in this forum though....

By the way, all of this post just make me realize even more how great this forum is! Like someone already said it, everything has its own good and bad, but in this forum, even if there can be a thread like this show up, everyone says it is still a good forum! even the one who make this thread wont leave the forum! imagine that! that prove how much the forum has give for all the members!
thank you, to admin and mod ^^

Last edited by zuichi on Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaisyX
Cureless

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:12 pm 
Post subject:

Ok, just my two cents here. I have seen mods get "pissy" with people...and it's always a situation I understand. I was a newbie here not that long ago. I did and still do ask questions that I'm sure some people read, smack there head, and ask themselves, "Is she stupid". But I have never been belittled, bitched at, or whatever else. I think the main reason is the "stupid" questions I ask are things like, "I'm new to this, what do I need to play these files", or "where do I look for the catalog code so I know what someone is selling on ebay really is a first edition". If I were to ask things like, as someone said, "Is hyde gay" or "I heard hyde left his wife, is this true", well, I would hope someone would smack me. Stupid shit deserves to be treated that way. Also, when people don't read the rules. I'm not a mod here and it pisses me off. Maybe because I'm a mod elsewhere, and I know how frustrating it can be. I know how much time it takes to delete or move posts, when if people would have just read the rules and looked through topics that were already there, I wouldn't have to. It takes a minute or two to read the rules. Yet people come in, have huge sigs, request things that were already given, sometimes not even that long ago, ask questions that were already asked and answered...it gets frustrating.

As for not feeling like you can post things...there are many topics you can post in without being someone who knows everything about the band. I have only been listening to them for a few months, but I post. Topics like, what is your fav song on this album, or pv. Or when people do reviews and you can give your opinion. Topics about new songs when they come out, and how you feel about them. I could go on and on. You don't have to know much at all to know hw a song makes you feel, and to be able to share that. So there are always places where you can post. And the random section, it might seem stupid to some people, but it can be a way to get to know people. I do the word association all the time because it's fun, why not. From what are you watching I got to learn that Ophellia loves watching tennis as much as I do, and is a huge Rafa fan too. Very Happy (Can't wait to discus the Australian Open when it happens!). In the Japan topic I got to learn more about life in Osaka from Nanani. And about Nanani, she is the only mod I have ever pmed. It was about me wanting to learn Japanese, and asking her questions because I saw she did a lot of the translations. She was so nice. She answered my stupid questions, explained things I didn't understand, and gave me helpful links. So if you were implying that she has been a bitch to people, I would have to say they probably deserved it, and were doing or saying stupid shit. You have to give respect if you expect to receive it.

From being a mod elsewhere, what I think it comes down to is, if you read and follow the basic rules (which is not hard), make an effort to be a part of the group, don't ask things that have been answered 100 times already, and don't get all stupid and fangirly all the time, you won't have any problems.

And as for the L-files, I understand why it is there. I was just talking about that to the woman I co-mod my group with. I was wishing we could have something like that in our group. It is not saying certain people are "better" than others, or a clique. It's a way to reward people who have shown that they are serious members of the forum, they put forth a serious effort to contribute (and that does not have to mean starting your own posts or posting new info, there are many other ways to contribute), and they are not just here, for lack of a better word, to leach. You have to give to receive. I believe, though I don't know, the people with access are people who have really given themselves to the forum. And they show it's not just a passing phase. They stick around even when there is no new news, or things are slow. The best example of what I mean is something I read in the memorial thread for Goryu. Somebody said they asked him if he had checked Pieces yet that morning, and his answer was along the lines of, "That is like asking me if I have breathed today." I know that is how I feel about the group I mod, along with a few select members. Those are the people who would get special access if we had something like L-files. The people here, who over time, have given their heart and soul to this board, they get access.

avatar made by Asuka Tsuzuki, signature made by my good friend e-chan as a present!
MaliciousKitty
What is Love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:37 pm 
Post subject:

zuichi wrote:
MaliciousKitty wrote:

Maybe I am miss analog, but let me put it this way;
When u are just walking around at ur own school and suddenly someone u didnt know poke u at the head, u will yell stuff and maybe insult the person.
but if the one who poke u is a friend, u will just say 'ouch, whats that suppose to mean?'
Dont u think its natural?
Not that I ever see new member beaten up in this forum though....

So, if your friend gets beat up by someone else who's side do you pick? Your friends.
Your friend beats up someone else, who's side do you pick? Usually your friends.

But that doesn't mean that it's right.

And this is a community where everyone should be equal. You shouldn't pick your friends side just because they're your friend.

There should be no special treatment for more well known/popular members. Everyone should be respected, and I mean EVERYONE. Including the newbie who may not know as much. Correct them without being insulting.

If the mods/popular kids don't want to treat everyone else equally then this should be a closed, invite only community. Don't make it open for everyone if you're not going to welcome everyone.

Page 1 of 4 [80 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » *Pieces* » Help!

Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Skin Created by: Sigma12