FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups Pieces 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 

Forum index » L'Arc~en~Ciel » L'Arc-SHOP

The time now is Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:16 pm
All times are UTC + 1
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
quincy-wilson-jersey
Moderators: Chenka View previous topic :: View next topic  
huangjian123
Dearest Love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:19 am 
Post subject:  quincy-wilson-jersey

At the end of a sweltering afternoon Al Woods Jersey , Andrew Knapp kept the Philadelphia Phillies on a red-hot streak.

Knapp hit a game-ending pinch-hit homer just inside the right field foul pole in the 13th inning as the Phillies came from behind to beat the Washington Nationals 4-3 Sunday.

”That was cool,” Knapp said. ”That was a huge team win – huge team series.”

The win was the Phillies third in this four-game set with Washington. All the wins have come by one-run margins. Over the past two weekends, Philadelphia has gone 5-2 against the two-time defending National League East champions, increasing their edge on the Nationals to three games for second place in the division.

”It shows we’re here to stay,” Knapp said. ”Obviously, there’s a lot of games left, and we have to keep playing well. But we’re up there with a lot of those teams. This was a huge series win for us, especially coming off the series win in Washington. They wanted to come here and sweep us. For us to take 3 of 4 was cool.”

The Nationals are now 6-15 in their past 21 games dating back to June 8. Washington is six games behind Atlanta for the lead in the NL East.

On Sunday, Washington managed only four hits in eight innings against the Philadelphia bullpen, never moving a baserunner past second base in that stretch while striking out seven times.

”We’ve got to start striking out less, putting the balls in play, driving in runs when we have the ability to drive in runs,” Washington manager Davey Martinez said. ”But it’ll turn. Our offense is good. I know it’s good. And I truly believe that it’ll turn around.”

Knapp ended the game when he turned on a Justin Miller fastball and lofted it into the bleachers in right field. Miller (5-1) gave up the run in 1 1/3 innings of work.

Nick Pivetta (5-7) got the win pitching a scoreless inning. Pivetta- normally a starter- was roughed up for seven runs in 1 2/3 innings of work on Friday night. He entered the game as the final pitcher that Philadelphia had available.

”He wanted the opportunity bad,” Phillies manager Gabe Kapler said. ”I asked him and pushed him to make sure that this is something that he was going to fight for and he did.”

Washington jumped out early Youth Kentavius Street Jersey , scoring an unearned run in the fourth on an Anthony Rendon sacrifice fly. In the fifth, the lead expanded to 3-0 when Adam Eaton singled to right to score Daniel Murphy and Mark Reynolds.

However, Gio Gonzalez labored in the bottom of the fifth after cruising through the first four innings with only one hit and one walk allowed. He walked three guys in the fifth inning, including Cesar Hernandez with the bases loaded, that put Philadelphia on the board. Rhys Hoskins‘ sacrifice fly to right made it 3-2 then Odubel Herrera singled to score Carlos Santana to tie the game.

GAME NOTES

Knapp became the first Phillie to hit a walk-off, pinch-hit homer since Cody Asche did it back on Sept. 12, 2015 against the Chicago Cubs. Ryan Howard hit the last walk-off homer for Philadelphia back on April 29, 2016. . The Phillies bullpen posted a 0.60 ERA with 13 strikeouts in 15 innings pitched on Saturday and Sunday. .. Nationals starter Gio Gonzalez has never allowed more than three earned runs in 14 career starts at Citizens Bank Park. He has tossed five or more innings in every start.

TRAINERS ROOM

Philadelphia placed right-handed starting pitcher Vince Velasquez on the 10-day disabled list on Sunday with a right forearm contusion.

Velasquez was hit in the second inning just below the elbow on a liner back up the middle by Washington’s Adam Eaton. Velasquez would eventually record the out by picking the ball up and throwing it lefthanded to first base to get Eaton to end the inning, saving a run from scoring during Philadelphia’s 3-2 victory.

This is the fourth trip to the disabled list for Velasquez in three seasons since Philadelphia acquired him.

In addition to Velasquez’s trip to the disabled list, the Phillies optioned lefthanded reliever Zac Curtis to Triple A Lehigh Valley. They recalled right-handed reliever Jake Thompson and reinstated reliever Pat Neshek from the 10-day disabled list. Neshek, who was signed by the Phillies during the off-season, has been on the disabled list since Opening Day with a forearm injury.

UP NEXT

Nationals: Washington returns home on Monday night to begin a three-game interleague series against the Boston Red Sox. RHP Max Scherzer (10-4, 2.04 ERA) will face former Detroit teammate Rick Porcello in a battle of former Cy Young Award winners.

Phillies: Philadelphia has Monday off, but will begin a brief two-game interleague series at home against the Baltimore Orioles on Tuesday night. Zach Eflin (6-2 Authentic Derwin James Jersey , 3.02 ERA) will get the start against Baltimore’s Alex Cobb.

CARSON, Calif. (AP) — Philip Rivers doesn’t need to see anything more from Patrick Mahomes. In fact, he’d prefer not to see anything more.

The Chargers‘ veteran quarterback can already tell his young Chiefs counterpart is the real deal.

Rivers witnessed it up close while Mahomes threw four touchdown passes and led Kansas City to a season-opening 38-28 win over Los Angeles on Sunday in the second-year quarterback’s second career start.

Rivers met up with Mahomes on the field after the final whistle and gave a few words of praise to the next big arm in the AFC West.

“I think he has a chance to be a really, really awesome player,” Rivers said. “He has some arm talent. I’d like to borrow his arm every now and then. Some of those throws, he can really throw it, and shoot, he’s really accurate.”

After an offseason of preparation and a preseason that included some tantalizing throws , Mahomes was poised and prepared from the start at StubHub Center. Although he went just 15 of 27 for 256 yards, Mahomes made no turnovers while connecting on several exceptional throws that showcased his vaunted arm strength and his growing touch in equal measure.

Afterward, Mahomes largely shrugged off his success and praised his teammates, showing the maturity that the Chiefs love.

“It felt comfortable out there,” Mahomes said. “It helped that we game-planned well. I feel like I was seeing it well and getting it to other hands. There’s definitely stuff we have to keep working on. There was stuff I could have hit that I didn’t. Little things that I need to improve.”

Those little things were dwarfed by Mahomes’ ability to make big plays — with plenty of help from Tyreek Hill and De’Anthony Thomas, of course. The Chiefs’ speedy playmakers also have no doubt about Mahomes’ ability to handle the responsibility thrust upon him after Alex Smith’s departure for Washington.

“Every time Pat steps into the huddle Chiefs Authentic Jerseys , he is very comfortable,” Hill said. “With the play-call, he was like, ‘OK, guys, let’s drive this ball down their throat.’ As a receiver, tight end, offensive line, we were like, ‘We have a great leader in our huddle.'”

Mahomes’ 284-yard performance in last year’s regular-season finale at Denver played a role in persuading the Chiefs to leap into the future without Smith. Mahomes promptly became the third quarterback in Chiefs history to throw four touchdown passes in an opener, joining Len Dawson in 1963 and Smith last season.

Mahomes repeatedly found Hill , who finished with seven catches for 169 yards and two TDs, including an exceptional 58-yard catch-and-run in the first quarter. Mahomes got credit for another TD on a 1-yard shovel pass to Thomas , who grew up a few miles from StubHub Center.

Mahomes also completed three passes to Sammy Watkins Adidas Blake Wheeler Jersey , the Chiefs’ expensive free-agent acquisition as a big-play threat. And his best throw might have been the 36-yard TD pass feathered perfectly to fullback Anthony Sherman late in the third quarter.

Hill made sure Mahomes played with a lead all afternoon by returning a punt 91 yards for a TD after the Chargers’ opening possession. The big play provided a lesson to Mahomes on controlling his emotions.

“It was hard after Tyreek returned the punt,” Mahomes said. “I tried to calm myself down and run the offense. Last year, having that Denver game, I knew when I went out there I was too excited. I needed to calm myself down before making a mistake first.”

The Chargers racked up 541 yards and would have kept it close with their division rivals if they hadn’t made two huge special teams mistakes. But Rivers realizes he’s in for a few years of tough matchups with the Chiefs and Mahomes, whose potential looked unlimited in the cozy confines of the Chargers’ temporary home.

“I haven’t seen a ton of him, but he was really accurate today on some of those balls,” Rivers said. “He seems to have (an arm) that can throw it from any arm angle, and he was poised. He’s got a chance. That’s what I was kind of trying to tell him after the game. Whether he wanted to hear it from me or not, he’s got a chance to be really awesome. Just be steady and keep going. It’s just too bad he’s in our (division for) those two games (every year).”

Kansas City Chiefs Elite Jerseys
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
 Forum index » L'Arc~en~Ciel » L'Arc-SHOP

Jump to: